This is an adapted version of the Melt-In-Your-Mouth Gluten Free Blueberry Banana Muffins.
If y’all haven’t tried this muffin recipe yet, then I’m here to give you a little more inspo. These muffins are still melt-in-your-mouth good, but with a chocolate twist.
I have really wanted to try Eating Evolved’s chocolate. It’s compliant with the Paleo lifestyle and is gluten free too! Technically, these are also Whole30 compliant chocolates, depending on how you are structuring your diet.
These muffins are Paleo diet friendly, as well as Gluten Free as long as you substitute the baking powder for this Paleo compliant homemade baking powder.
Unfortunately, these muffins don’t meet the criteria for the Whole30 diet, but if you’re currently doing the Whole30 challenge, use these muffins as a nice treat once you’re off the strict part of the diet. You just cleansed your body of processed foods, and these muffins use all-natural ingredients that are not processed or riddled with refined sugars.
The muffins pre-cashew butter filling and chocolate glaze, resemble marble cake. I deliberately didn’t mix in the cacao powder a ton so they had this pretty, marbled look to them.
So, how do you make these muffins? (*Get to it already, Ashley*)
— I N G R E D I E N T S
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1/4 c. coconut oil (I used unrefined, which made these a bit sweeter)
- 2 c. coconut flour
- 1/2 c. coconut sugar
- 2 tbls. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tbls. Navitas Naturals Chocolate Powder
- 1 c. almond milk, unsweetened vanilla
- 1 5oz. container of vanilla bean Forager Project Cashewgurt (for extra moisture)
- 3-4 tbls. Trader Joe’s Creamy Salted Cashew butter
- 3/4 of 1 bar (melted) of Eating Evolved’s Organic Primal Midnight Coconut Dark Chocolate
— I N S T R U C T I O N S
1. Start prepping for these a couple weeks in advance because you will need about 4 VERY ripe bananas. Once you have your bananas really, really, really ripe, it’s time to make muffins.
2. Pre-heat your oven on 375 degrees. Start to measure out your coconut oil and pop it in the microwave for 15-30 seconds to soften to a liquid.
3. Combine in a large mixing bowl your coconut oil, bananas, chia seeds, cashewgurt and 1/2 cup milk until smooth.
4. Then you can start adding in your dry ingredients except the Cacao powder. Save that ingredient for the end. Mix everything until combined thoroughly. Your batter will likely be a little crumbly and dry, so this is the time when you add in that other 1/2 cup of milk.
5. Lastly, add in your Cacao powder and stir well within the mixture, but it doesn’t have to completely combine with the dough. It will have a marbled look to it, which I think makes these look extra delicious. *The texture will not resemble batter you have to pour. Rather it will be something more like a cookie dough.
6. Last step is to scoop your batter into a lined muffin tin or silicone baking cups. Note, you will need to spray the silicone baking cups to get these muffins out in full.
7. Bake your muffins for 17-22 minutes. It depends on how hot your oven can be and also what you put your muffins in to cook. These are done when these look like the muffins have baked together and look like a streusel texture on top.
8. Once these are done and cooled, I poked little holes in the top of each muffin for the cashew butter to fill. I used a straw to poke the holes. Then I piped in the cashew butter carefully into the little holes.
9. Then I broke off 3/4 of the Eating Evolved bar and melted in the microwave. Stirring about every 20 seconds until melted. Then I drizzled a little bit on the top of each muffin for a little extra decadence!
This recipe yielded 17 muffins in this go around. I filled my cups more and mushed the ‘dough’ down so I had a flat surface to drizzle the chocolate onto.
I hope you enjoy these! Everyone I gave one of these too LOVED them!
xoxo – Ashley
Looks really delicious, thanks for sharing 🙂 Will follow for sure.
Please check out my blog for top lifestyle, health and fitness tips if interested:) And feel free to follow back.
Keep it up girl!
Thank you so much! Hope you enjoy these muffins and appreciate the comment and follow! I will absolutely check out your blog!
💗 for sure, I will try to make them ☺️
Love to taste it 🙂
The chocolate drizzle on top is a great finishing touch! 🙂
Thank you! It was a delicious finishing touch and really about all I can handle of the Evolved Chocolate. It is a very intense, pure chocolate that my taste buds can only handle a little bit of 🙂 . Appreciate you checking out my blog!!