Do you get bored eating the same ol’ salad with chicken all the time? I sure do!
I’m CONSTANTLY trying out easy ways to jazz up plain old chicken to make it more fun, more tasty and even just a little healthier! Yup, healthier.
So, may I introduce you to this super simple 5 ingredient chicken salad recipe?
You’ll find that this recipe is so tasty that you won’t need any other dressing or condiments for your salad– a very good thing!
There are so many dressings on the shelves today that are just horrible for you. I try to avoid any dressings that I can’t pronounce all of the ingredients or I avoid them all together. Dressing up salads with olive oil & lemon is usually my go-to, but sometimes ya girl just needs to just switch it up!
If I may provide a tip on stocking up quality ingredients, don’t go cheap or nutty with your oils. EVOO, coconut oil or avocado oils are what I cook with typically and turns out, that’s a really good thing for your brain!
I’m currently reading a book called Genius Foods: Become Smarter, Happier, and More Productive While Protecting Your Brain for Life. It goes into great detail on the best oils to promote highly productive brain functionality and all those I listed above are among the top recommended.
I added in some EVOO to this recipe to boost the good fat and creaminess of the sauce. Olive oil has SO MANY good health benefits that it is something you should try to eat daily. Here’s a great post about all the health benefits of extra virgin olive oil.
This recipe produces two servings of sauce, which is enough for 6 oz. of chicken. I like to measure out my proteins using my food scale. The one in the photo above is from Amazon: Etekcity Digital Kitchen Scale . It’s the best $13 I have spent!
Ok, so are you ready to make this super easy recipe? It is absolutely perfect for lunches and goes great on top of a bed of spinach like I have done in my photos, or you could add it on top of some rice cakes or in a big leaf of bibb lettuce for a wrap!
Recipe Serving // Makes two 1/4 cups of sauce- enough to coat 3oz of chicken
Macro Breakdown //
I N G R E D I E N T S //
- 2 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 Tbls. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (I like Fage or Siggis)
- 1 Tbls. EVOO (I used Kolossos Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 6 oz grilled or baked chicken
- 1 Tbls. green onion (chopped)
I N S T R U C T I O N S //
- Add in the roasted garlic, lemon juice, rosemary and yogurt to a food processor. Blend until thoroughly mixed and the rosemary is finely chopped.
- Next, slowly add in the EVOO and blend until smooth.
- Chop your baked chicken into little chunks and divide your yogurt mix in half or measure out 1/4 cup per 3oz. of chicken.
- Carefully fold your chicken into the yogurt mix until evenly coated. (This should be plenty for 3oz. of chicken. I like a little extra so it makes my salad extra yummy!)
Now you’re ready to enjoy on top of a salad, crackers or anything else you prefer!
Hope y’all enjoy this recipe. Please let me know what you think by commenting below or tagging me on social media with @cookithealhy or #CookedItHealthy.